[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.7

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:46:01 UTC 2012

Hi Dale,

> #canPerform: in WATestingMetadataFileLibrary>>fileResourceOf: is not
> portable...Presumably #respondsTo: is the portable selector?

Opps, fixed in Seaside-Core-NickAger.768 - I've updated the version in
ConfigurationOfSeaside30

Nick it looks like you haven't updated the ConfigurationOfGrease, but there
> appear to be new packages for Grease?
> Are these supposed to be used or are they just floating around?

Oh dear I really did a half-arsed job on this. I guess when I tested, I
didn't clear my package cache so I brought in the latest Grease anyway
without updating the configuration. Presumably you mean new Grease versions
rather than packages.

I've update Grease config with my best guesses...

Looks good.

With all of those changes to the filelibrary hierarchy, what happens if you
> install the changes into an existing installation?
> I haven't looked closely, but presumably there are going to be minimal
> impacts on existing installations?

The file library changes shouldn't break any existing installations -
existing file libraries will continue working as is. However if people want
to use libraries such as twitter bootstrap in which css files expect images
to have an 'img' path element prepended then they can use the (awkwardly)
named: WAFileMetadataLibrary -

Apologies if my attempt at updating the Metacello configurations just
appear to be making a lot of unnecessary work for you

Cheers

Nick