[Seaside-dev] Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Jul 21 11:50:32 UTC 2013

Hi fellow Seasiders,

I have just further adapted and tested the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 to load from smalltalkhub.
Both Seaside30 and Seaside31 load fine in Pharo2.0. There is a problem loading 3.1 in Pharo1.4 (I think this is what Diego mentioned as well)
All but the following Seaside dependencies have been moved away from squeaksource:
- WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)
- Omnibrowser -> should we move this one to smalltalkhub too?
- RefactoringBrowser -> idem?

Since the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 loads both Seaside30 and Seaside31, it does not make sense to put the configuration in either repository. In addition, there is the grease config that was previously in the squeaksource metacello repo. Therefore, I created a separate repository to host all metacello configurations for the Seaside-related projects: www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main

This seemed to best option to me but we can still change that if desired.

If all of the above is fine, we should make a quick announcement and update the website.

Now I'm off to the real seaside for the afternoon ;-)
Johan