[Seaside-dev] Seaside Configuration in 2.0

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 14:07:28 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
> I made the following changes to the packages in the Seaside30 repository:
>
> - Replaced senders of #includesSubString: by #indexOfSubCollection:startingAt: in Seaside-Core and Seaside-Canvas

Sounds good.

> - Factored out uses of SystemChangeNotifier to a separate method that delegates differently in Pharo1.x and Pharo2.x (i.e. to SystemAnnouncer). This avoids creating a separate Pharo20 package for Grease in this repository of Seaside.

Ah, the joys of #ifdef, sounds good.

> - Included FileSystem-Legacy package (+ some bugfixes there) for Seaside-FileSystem as a dependency. This should be fine for the 3.0.x branch. Even better is to have this dependency included in SPort (as Paul proposed). I will contact Janko for that.

Sounds good.

> - Created a new baseline to remove OB and Swazoo2 from the dependencies (see bottom of my email).

Sounds good.

> All of this renders all Seaside and Grease (except Slime) tests green.
> If I can have commit access to the Seaside30 repository, I gladly publish this and continue to work to port Slime as well.

Done, and I added Tobias as well.

> Since Grease and several Seaside packages have evolved further in Seaside3.1, I propose to keep these changes to the Seaside3.0 repository to make the current stable version of Seaside work in Pharo2.0.

As long as you keep the patches coming that's fine with me. Same goes
for Squeak 4.4. Actually once we have something working in Pharo 2.0
we can very well call it 3.0.8 [1]. Maybe I can even fix 749, which
turned out the be thorny.

> Next I will sit together with Diego at PharoConf to adapt the configuration class in the 3.1 repository as well. I believe the intention is that this class loads both versions?

Probably yes. The configuration is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30 in
case you build a 3rd party library that works with both Seaside 3.1
and 3.0 but you can only reference a single configuration. Since we
probably want it in the metacello repository it will probably have to
load both.

> Philippe: will you be at the PharoConf?

No :-(

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside308Changelog