[Seaside-dev] Seaside image and startup time

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Sun Mar 31 15:20:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've loaded 3.1 in Pharo 2.0 and use a ZnAdaptor.

I loaded SmalltalkHub packages and other dependencies I've found for making
it work.

Now, when starting the image, it takes a long time for me to get the
display filled wit the windows etc.

What could this be linked to?

I have removed the Kalingrad entry to be sure that the other Seaside stuff
worked.

(WADispatcher allInstances first handlers)  removeKey: 'Kaliningrad'.

And indeed all worked fine.

But still the load time is long (Core 2 Duo Mac OSX Lion 8GB RAM).

I am going to dig into StartupLists etc.

Thanks!

Phil