[Seaside-dev] Rest in Seaside3.1

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Tue Apr 15 14:01:57 UTC 2014

Hi Philippe,

I'm having issues with the REST implementation in Seaside 3.1
Routes are not getting matched.

I eventually narrowed the issue down by creating a WARestfulFilter with a simple method:

all
	<get>

	^''

This should catch all incoming GET calls, right?

The problem is that the method WARouteBuilder>>initializeOn: is setting the path instvar to the selector of the method.
However, the WARouteBuilder>>create method dispatches on the value of path to create a WASimpleRoute when it's nil.
This does not happen.

If I change the WARouteBuilder>>initializeOn: method to set the path to nil (like its done in Seaside 3.0), I'm getting it to work.

However, it seems the change was intentionally introduced in the following commit:

Name: Seaside-REST-Core-pmm.48