[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 and beyond

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 09:32:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Sounds very interesting. Great work as usual!
> It's a good idea to keep it for 3.2 and settle that around ESUG.
>
> I'm also interested to know if there is a fundamental problem to port it to Gemstone?

The same reason the current cache doesn't work as well: multiple
transactions modifying the same data structure will give you a lot of
conflicts. I don't know enough about rc-collections to come up with a
design that would work well on Gemston. OTOH if we manage to get rid
of the need for #keyAtValue:ifAbsent: at least the Gemstone specific
cache should become simple.