[Seaside-dev] Seaside Security

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Feb 18 22:34:13 UTC 2014

I just read this on HN, about seeding a PRNG:

From the Canyon Edge: Improving Random Seeds in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Cloud Instances

http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2014/02/random-seeds-in-ubuntu-1404-lts-cloud.html

Of course there are old and new web services doing this, as web framework Seaside should use them !

ZnClient new get: 'https://entropy.ubuntu.com'.
ZnClient new get: 'http://www.random.org/cgi-bin/randbyte?nbytes=10&format=h'.

Sadly, the first call only works on Linux, not on Mac OS X, due to certificate problems.