[Seaside-dev] walkback in session start?

john cummings jndbusiness at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 16:04:04 UTC 2017

hi all,

i'm working my way to become more familiar with seaside on dolphin
(seaside v3.0). i have successfully completed the todo app. now i have
started my own app using the todo app as a guide.

i am getting walkback (see below) in the session start. i have set my
app up similar to the todo. one thing i do notice is that when i go
back into seaside config the root class says "a JCBYCBi..." rather
than "JCBYCBi...", which seems to say an INSTANCE is in config rather
than a CLASS.

any help welcome,

john

decoration
	^ decoration contents   <== decoration isNil

addDecoration: aDecoration
	"Add aDecoration to the receivers decoration chain. Answer the added
decoration."

	| previous current |
	previous := nil.
	current := self decoration.
	[ current ~~ self and: [ self decoration: current shouldWrap:
aDecoration ] ] whileTrue: [
		previous := current.
		current := current next ].
	aDecoration setNext: current.
	previous isNil
		ifTrue: [ self decoration: aDecoration ]
		ifFalse: [ previous setNext: aDecoration ].
	^ aDecoration

createRoot
	^ self rootDecorationClasses
		inject: self rootClass new