[Seaside-dev] DOM element ID registry at the component

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:47:56 UTC 2017

> Hi Esteban,
>
> I think it's a great idea. I too run into this problem a lot. I would suggest, however, to have the registry at the render loop level, not the component level. There are cases in which you may need to access the ID of an element rendered by a different component.

I think that a different problem.

My problem with doing it in the render loop is that the ids are not
referenced by the component, so in my stateful world, the component
once rendered should preserve the same element ids on the client DOM,
so I want to be able to script referencing those stable ids.

Doing it on the render loop frees you from having a "one element
stack" approach that the canvas provide you with #nextId and #lastId,
but doesn't solve the original problem I stated.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo