[Seaside-dev] Rendering on HTML and Script canvas

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:08:23 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I find myself rendering a lot on JSScript instances via AJAX, and in
some cases the elements I render have to create separate <script> tags
to initialize or execute something on the client side.

When doing a full page request we have the addLoadScript: and we can
pass that script around our object to append whatever we want on top of
it. But on AJAX we don't have such feature.

Did anybody played with having a `renderContentOn: html script: script`
kind of method?

I haven't fully thought about this, but I guess the script would be
initialized very early in the rendering process and would be finally
returned as a single <script> tag containing all what was added by the
rendered components.

Best regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo