[Seaside-dev] 3.3 Release Planning

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:30:19 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 9:19 AM Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:

> btw, this was done last week :)
>
> The split will be something for after this release.
>
> ps: I think we should also no longer use a ‘dev’ branch but rather work with feature branches in the future and merge the changes in as soon as they are ready.

That works well for small, short lived branches with backwards
compatible changes. With filetree with metadata I often found out that
merge conflicts quickly become too complex for even the merge driver
to handle.
And sometimes we want to introduce breaking changes that require a
minor version increase.