[Seaside] Body tag attributes

Nevin Pratt nevin@smalltalkpro.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:34:51 -0600

Avi Bryant wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>>Hmmm,  seems that if you have a <body> tag with other attributes in the
>>template, the other attributes are ignored.
>>
>>For example: <body background="@mybackgroundimage.jpg">
>>
><...munch...>
>

>For now, the workaround is this - use a simple <body> in your template,
>and do something like
>
>addBindingsTo: template
>  (template elementNamed: 'body')
>    set: #background to: 'http://test.com/mybackgroundimage.jpg'

No, this won't work.  And, neither will it work with '~body' instead of
'body' (per my previous post).

The problem is in method IAPastWork>>printHtmlTo:

You will notice that method hard codes a "<body>" tag, thus with no
additional attributes possible.

A *very* ugly work-around is to override #printHtmlTo: in my subclass
(IATest), and put in the background attribute desired in the override.
 We need a better fix, though.

Nevin