[Seaside] Template caching

Nevin Pratt nevin@smalltalkpro.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:09:47 -0600

OK, I have a few more questions and comments:

1. Anybody know why 'IAPage class >> flushTemplateCache' also walks the
subclasses and flushes their template caches?

2. OK, assuming there is a good reason for #1, then shouldn't we also
have a method for flushing *only* a chosen subclasses' template cache?
 After all, 'templateStore' is a class instance variable-- not a class
variable.  Do we always want to flush *all* of the template caches?
 Doesn't anybody ever want to be more selective than that?

3. I would like to suggest that 'IAAppList class >> remove:' also
flushes the template cache using the API defined in #2.  Well, no, I
take that back.  I would like to suggest that 'IAApplication' be given a
class method #removeApplication that removes the app from the
applications class variable (like 'IAAppList class >> remove:' currently
does), PLUS it flushes the template cache for that particular
application, and then 'IAAppList class>>remove:' just calls that
#removeApplication method.

Otherwise, whenever I make coding changes that involve the template, I
have to manually flush the template cache to actually test the change.
 If #3 were implemented, I could just remove and readd the app via the
 web browser 'config' app, without worrying about the caches.

Nevin