[Seaside] [BUG][FIX]PWS seaside cannot handle plain url

Nevin Pratt nevin@smalltalkpro.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:35:31 -0600

Nevin Pratt wrote:

> I'm using Comanche rather than PWS, but my solution is that if
> 'seaside' is not already in the URL, then Seaside never gets invoked,
> and Comanche just handles it.  This allows Comanche to handle normal
> URL's as if Seaside wasn't present.  This also means that Comanche
> handles the empty URL case, and Seaside never sees it.
>
> Then, if the URL is truly empty, I look for an 'index.html' file,
> followed by an 'index.htm' search, in that order.  If either file is
> found, it is appended to the URL, and that is used for the empty URL
> case.  That's more in line with what Apache does.
>
> Furthermore, I removed the 'config' append code, making it so that all
> invocations of the Seaside 'config' app have to be deliberate.  I
> would rather people didn't "accidentally" stumble on the config page,
> even though it's password protected.
>
> All of these changes are in my own "IAKom" class, which I have called
> "IAComancheInterface".  I would have subclassed IAKom to do this, but
> at the time IAKom only had one method (the #process: method), and it
> seemed silly to subclass and then override the only method.  So, I
> didn't subclass.
>
> Nevin

Oh yea, and I also changed IAComancheInterface (from IAKom) on the class
side.  It's default starting port is port 80 rather than IAKom's port
8000 default.  Plus, I added #stop and #stopOn: class methods so I can
easily stop it.

Nevin