[Seaside] monticello remote repositories

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:11:22 -0800 (PST)

[snip lots of discussion about merging]

It's great to see interest on Monticello, but it seems to me that there's
a *lot* of work that's higher priority than merging method text - as
Andreas pointed out, individual methods are generally small enough that on
the odd occasion that you do change one simultaneously to someone else,
resolving the conflicts by hand should not be laborious.

It's been a while since I've spent any time on it, but the last spurt of
activity was aimed at allowing branching and distributed repositories.  If
anyone's interested in contributing to Monticello, it would be really
great to get that work finished up before we worry about anything else.

Avi