[Seaside] monticello remote repositories

Stephen Pair seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:41:21 -0500

You're quite right.

When I was coordinating the release of a product that was one of about 5
products that had a shared code base and a total of about 40 Smalltalk
developers, merging was a big effort and Envy didn't make it easy.  That
was the motivation for the merge tool that we built for ObjectStudio.

Since I don't know of any Squeak projects that come even close to this
scale, having a merge tool (while nice) doesn't seem like it would be
worth devoting a lot of time to developing at this point.

However, I hate telling people that they should or shouldn't do
something...so if anyone does develop a merge tool, I would certainly
not complain.

- Stephen