[Seaside] list of textarea problems with updating

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:04:44 -0700

Avi Bryant <avi@beta4.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I've seen this problem with Comanche in general, when using IE on OSX
> with Squeak also running on OSX.  It doesn't seem to happen with any other
> combination (in fact, I'm curious if it even happens with CocoaSqueak).
Hmm, you could be right. I don't think I see the problem when using IE
on OSX to look at the online version
(http://tim.pairhome.net/seaside/basiceDemo) now you mention it.

> Anyway, as far as the stupid masses go, the simple answer is to deploy on
> Linux, and the problem will go away.
I think the server will almost certainly be linux, but I bet most of the
students will be IE on win2000.

> But I would also be interested to know a solution if one's out there.  I
> suspect it's some deep, dark OpenTransport issue...
Ah, yes, the Miskatonic Software Distribution >;-}

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
"Bother" said Pooh as "Formating Drive C" appeared on the screen...