[Seaside] Wierd totally fatal bug problem

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:35:15 -0700

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Which version of the VM is this on?  There are some very recent socket
> fixes from Lex in the SF CVS; Ian also has a version with a total
> rewrite of aio on his site.  It would be interesting to see if either of
> those showed the same problem.
The linux vm is a recent VMMaker/SF one, but I'm not sure if it is
utterly upto date.
The Acorn VM is also VMM/SF, but the sockets code is a slightly hacked
unix socket file from a bout three years ago; it works surprisingly well
and I don't know enough about sockets to want to do much with it!

> BTW, Tim, is your web browser set not to cache anything?  From the logs
> for /seaside/poweredby.png:
>
> User Agent                                                     Hits
> Mozilla/4.72 [en] (Compatible; RISC OS 4.02; Oregano 1.10)     3904
Urk, Oregano has no cache whatsoever. Does it really go to your site
every time? I guess that might explain why it seems slow sometimes!

tim