[Seaside] seaside tutorial part 1

Rob Whitfield rob@customfun.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:42:01 -0400

I'm having trouble with the first tutorial.  I'm running with comanche.  I
followed the steps up to just before "Getting Fancier: Bindings".  When I
browse to the page I get the little form just fine.  But when I enter a
value, select a currency and click the "Convert" button I get the shown
dump.  I'm somewhat new to squeak and comanche and seaside so maybe I'm
missing something obvious.  Can anyone help?  Sorry for the formatting of
the dump - if you want you can view a formatted version of the dump at
http://www.customfun.com/seasidedump.html

MessageNotUnderstood: asNumber

      MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>handlerAction

            self
               a MessageNotUnderstood
            t1
               1
            t2
               [] in IASession>>performAction:
            t3
               nil

      MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal

            self
               a MessageNotUnderstood
            t1
               nil

      OrderedCollection(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

            self
               an OrderedCollection('3')
            t1
               a Message with selector: #asNumber and arguments: #()

      IACallbackCache>>at:

            self
                 an IACallbackCache
            aKey
                 an OrderedCollection('3')

      IACallbackCache>>invokeCallback:with:

            self
                 an IACallbackCache
            key
                 an OrderedCollection('3')
            value
                 nil
                 nil

      IADispatchCallback>>performInContext:with:

            self
                       an IADispatchCallback
            actionContext
                       an IACallbackCache
            value
                       an OrderedCollection('3')

      [] in IACallbackCache>>invokeCallback:with:

            self
                 an IACallbackCache
            key
                 4
            value
                 an OrderedCollection('3')
                 an IADispatchCallback

      IADispatchCallback(Object)>>ifNotNilDo:

            self
               an IADispatchCallback
            t1
               [] in IACallbackCache>>invokeCallback:with:

      IACallbackCache>>invokeCallback:with:

            self
                 an IACallbackCache
            key
                 4
            value
                 an OrderedCollection('3')
                 an IADispatchCallback

      [] in IACallbackCache>>invokeCallbacks:

            self
                    an IACallbackCache
            aRequest
                    an IARequest
            assoc
                    4->an OrderedCollection('3')

      SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:

            self
               a SortedCollection(1->an OrderedCollection(' ') 2->an
OrderedCollection('1') 4->an OrderedCollectio...etc...
            t1
               [] in IACallbackCache>>invokeCallbacks:
            t2
               10

      IACallbackCache>>invokeCallbacks:

            self
                    an IACallbackCache
            aRequest
                    an IARequest
            assoc
                    4->an OrderedCollection('3')

      IATransaction>>invokeCallbacks:forPageAt:

            self
                    an IATransaction
            aRequest
                    an IARequest
            anID
                    '2'
            page
                    a SeasideTutorial
                    a SeasideTutorial

      [] in IASession>>handleAct

            self
                    an IASession
            nextPage
                    nil
            nextKey
                    nil

      IASession>>inCurrentContinuationDo:

            self
                  an IASession
            aBlock
                  [] in IASession>>handleAct
            sender
                  IASession>>handleAct
                  nil

      IASession>>handleAct

            self
                    an IASession
            nextPage
                    nil
            nextKey
                    nil

      [] in IASession>>performAction:

            self
                     an IASession
            actionKey
                     'act'
                     a MessageNotUnderstood

      BlockContext>>on:do:

            self
               [] in IASession>>performAction:
            t1
               Exception
            t2
               [] in IASession>>performAction:
            t3
               false

      IASession>>performAction:

            self
                     an IASession
            actionKey
                     'act'
                     a MessageNotUnderstood

      [] in IASession>>performAction:withRequest:response:

            self
                     an IASession
            actionKey
                     'act'
            aRequest
                     an IARequest
            aResponse
                     an IAKomResponse

      IASession>>inTransaction:do:

            self
                        an IASession
            transactionKey
                        'top'
            aBlock
                        [] in IASession>>performAction:withRequest:response:
            transaction
                        an IATransaction

      [] in IASession>>performAction:withRequest:response:

            self
                     an IASession
            actionKey
                     'act'
            aRequest
                     an IARequest
            aResponse
                     an IAKomResponse

      [] in BlockContext>>newProcess

            self
               [] in IASession>>performAction:withRequest:response: