[Seaside] new bindings system

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun, 26 May 2002 20:15:57 -0700

In message <Pine.LNX.4.30.0205261935290.28009-100000@cable.beta4.com>
          Avi Bryant <avi@beta4.com> wrote:

> Well, these changes went a long way toward getting rid of that.  If you
> wanted, you could rip the direct instVar access out of
> Object>>valueForKey: and Object>>takeValue:forKey:, sprinkle in a few
> accessors where they're missing, and voila: pillage free.
True, but I'm not sure how much useful example code it would break!
> I assume what
> you most loathe is the direct inst var access, (or, rather the
> message send of #instVarNamed:), not the 'foo.bar' notation?
I can live with the notation so long as I know it is using $. as a
placeholder for a space in normal Smalltalk. Using #instVarNamed: is
almost as sinful as #respondsTo: or isKindOf:

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Useful random insult:- Only playing with 51 cards.