[Seaside] [BUG] Tutorial 2 report

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 00:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Jim Benson wrote:

> That is correct. When I get to "Got it" [OK], I go to [Play]. When at [Play]
> I then hit the back button and am directed to the page "Got it" [OK]. I can
> examine the whole tree, it's not until I start a new game that I cannot go
> to the previous game.

Ah, ok, so you can examine the pages, but presumably not interact with
them.  That's the expected behavior.  You're never going to reliably stop
the browser from caching the page, you can just stop the links and forms
from working.

Incidentally, I find it surprising that you can ever not examine the tree
anymore.  IE up to some strange cache tricks?

At one point I had a scheme that let you keep reusing the same URL for a
series of pages so that they replaced one another in the browser cache -
this was cool, cause the back button, at least on some browsers, jumped
right back to the last page before you started doing that, skipping over
everything in between (some browsers, on the other hand, presented you
with a lot of copies of the final page).  This wasn't for the same purpose
as transactions, since it's easy to defeat by opening multiple windows,
but it was cool.  The problem was it was hard to control - how do you
specify which pages should be grouped this way?  I don't think something
like the isolate: block is the right approach for this.