[Seaside] Web Calendar for Seaside

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:28:08 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 tblanchard@mac.com wrote:

> I tried the app on your laptop - it looks very cool.  I'm just getting
> started with seaside and confess its a bit daunting.  So I was hoping
> to look at your app to try to understand some stuff.

No offense meant to Derek, who did a great job with the calendar, but it
shouldn't be taken as a style guide for using Seaside - Derek is new to
Seaside himself, and (due to my lack of good documentation) not everything
that his app does is using the framework in the way in which it was meant
to be used.  Hopefully, I'll be able to help him polish it up.  Even more
hopefully, some documentation will come out of the experience...

If you're looking for non-trivial example code, take a good look at the
SqueakMap Browser example included in the release (Seaside/Examples-SM).
It's a pretty good representation of typical (for me) Seaside usage.

I'd love to help make Seaside less daunting; could you ask some specific
questions ("how do I do X? What is feature Y for?  What does method #foo
do?") to help bring down the barrier a bit?

Cheers,
Avi