[Seaside] [FIX] SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Tue Apr 8 17:41:46 CEST 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

>>Well, you could use a MessageSend instead of a block.  But I have a really hard time believing that a single block copy per request will make any noticeable difference to performance (just checked - on my system it adds exactly one microsecond).

One microsecond is one microsecond. ;)

So, what do you think is the better alternative here?  Go the pluggable
route and not have a WAKomNG class at all?  I think I like using
MessageSend better than a block also.  I could even support that
directly in the interface...for example:

PluggableHttpService new
    onRequestDispatch: #processKomRequest: to: WARegistry;
    startOn: 8080 named: 'My Seaside Service'

I think that having this pluggability would be really nice for allowing
packages (such as Seaside) to provide a Comanche interface without
having a load dependency on Comanche.

- Stephen