[Seaside] Images served off the disk...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Apr 10 13:46:43 CEST 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Brian Brown wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed in the seaside FAQ about setting the "Document Root" field on the
> config page for your app for file serving... that's not in the CVS version
> currently, so it there a way to serve files that way yet in a seaside app?

Nope.  There doesn't seem much point in having Seaside serve static files
from disk; just set up apache (or Comanche) to do those.  Part of the
point of the /seaside prefix in all the urls is so that you can set up a
separate Comanche module at /resources or something with static files (you
can use ChieftanModule to multiplex kom modules on a single port).

Those docs are from version 0.9x, which had a fairly different design.

Cheers,
Avi