[Seaside] Here Is A Deployed Seaside App

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Fri Apr 11 02:25:18 CEST 2003

> Before I answer that question, let me ask you something (and anybody
> else who cares to answer):  What was your own personal first reaction to
> the "real human hair" dolls?  Was it negative or positive, in relation
> to the other dolls?  Did you think it was neat, and added to the
> realism, or did you think it was ghastly or macabre?

To be honest, my first rxn was on the negative side.  I thought it was a bit
like using baby heart and liver to give it more of a life-like feel, though
I suppose it's really not that bad.  :)

I'll tell you, it sure shows novelty and uniqueness.  I imagine it would
increase the value of the doll.  What have other response been like?

> The #checkout action method of the BBViewCart component is:
>
> checkout
>     | ses |
>     ses _ self session.
>     ses shoppingCart isEmpty
>         ifTrue: [self call: BBAddAuctionToCart new]
>         ifFalse: [| bbco url |
>             self call: BBBillToShipTo new.
>             bbco _ BBCheckout new.
>             url _ renderer
>                         urlForAction: [self call: bbco].
>             ses
>                 returnResponse: (WAResponse forwardTo:
> 'https://bountifulbaby.com' , url)].
>
> You can see I just forward to the https port on the server.  On the
> server, I have Stunnel listening, and Stunnel does the SSL work.

That's amazing.  I need to get on the stunnel bandwagon.

Good use of WAResponse.  How did you learn that?  Can ask the session to
respond from any method that isn't a rendering method?

Derek