[Seaside] aRenderer imageWithForm: error

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Aug 6 21:17:37 CEST 2003

tblanchard at mac.com wrote:

> I have a gif that I've imported into ImageImports.
>
> So now I want to stick it into a web page using
>
> html imageWithForm: (ImageImports at: 'myImage').
>
> this results in an error fairly far down with an attempt to put an
> integer into a string - which complains that strings only take
> characters.
>
> b4 release.
>
> -Todd Blanchard

I use a different approach.  I don't let my site host pictures.  I
instead have another site with the pictures.  That other site is hosted
by Earthlink, and has higher bandwidth to the internet than my site has.
 That also means that when somebody hits the "bountifulbaby.com" site,
basically the only thing served by my machine is HTML text.  That keeps
bandwidth usage very minimal for my site.

The Earthlink hosted site is "bountifulbaby.net".  I also have an
"index.html" file at the root of "bountifulbaby.net" that just redirects
the user to my "bountifulbaby.com" site, so the user can get to my site
with either the ".com" or the ".net" address.

So, why do you want your Smalltalk image to contain (and serve) your
pictures, anyway?  For that matter, why do you want your *site* to serve
the pictures?  Pictures chew up a lot of bandwidth, and you can offload
them for $10 to $20 a month, and gain a lot in bandwidth in the process.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby