[Seaside] SqP - Design question

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Dec 17 09:48:47 CET 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Cees de Groot <cg at theinternetone.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>After trying with HV2 I decided that it didn't fit my needs (it needs
>>work, quite a bit of work), so I'm currently experimenting with Seaside
>>for SqP.
>

> Bah! You infidel! :)
>
> No worries. But just as you know, I have begun the merge of the four
> classes in Seaside "Base-documents" with HV2. It looks promising
> already.
>
> Anyway, if you go with Seaside then you could at least grab the
> HVUrlStream. Sure, it is trivial to write - but nevertheless.
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. Writing a diary entry on the above first "contact" with Seaside. And
> damn it Seasiders - you are lousy at commenting the code! Only half
> joking here.

Erm... yess... well... umm...  Eh, no excuse really. :)

There are parts of it that are pretty self-documenting, but there are
others that don't do so well.  Some of the method names don't even make
sense to me :)

It needs to happen, but my work on Seaside at the moment is mostly
limited to what I can justify counting as work time - and documenting an
external library for others' use... though actually, when I eventually
move on and they have to replace me, they'll be happier if it's
documented... hmm... :)

Julian