[Seaside] newbie question

j s arf_arf69 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 23:17:50 CET 2003

Hi, I am trying to understand more about the Seaside application.  In the Seaside Borges webpage, there is an paragraph as follows

As a quick example, here is the simplest possible Seaside application:
WAApplication named: 'hello' do:  [:session |  session respond: [:response | response nextPutAll: 'Hello world!']]

Making a call to WAApplication class>>named:do: associates an application name with a one-parameter block. When a request is first made for that application name to the Seaside server, a new WASession object will be created and passed into the block. In this case, the application simply generates a single response and then exits.

If I evaluate the example the I get an error   " named:do:  not understood "

I traced through the WACounter example but it appears to do its job in a slightly different way.

Thank you for any help.