[Seaside] Convincing Web Application shops to use seaside

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sat Jun 14 22:49:02 CEST 2003

Hi Keith

Avi and I were recently chatting about exactly this topic- creating a new
webpage or wiki to promote Seaside!

Here some ideas we talked about:

- A "tour" showing what is exceptionel about Seaside
This could be interactive like the WATutorial. It should show what features
are there, what is possible, what is cool etc. E.g. control flow or use the
integration of debugger (I find it really cool to push "debug" in the
webbrowser, debug in the image and then say "proceed"! (compared for example
to debugging in Zope)) and much more, of corse.

- A listing of successful/productiv/professional apps. There will be at
least 5 already, I assume. Most of them are not public. But we could still
make a listing with a short description of each project - maybe with a
screenshot.

- Another ideas would be a FAQ, which could be compiled form the
mailinglist.

So, a community effort to create this sites would be cool ! What I suppose
to start with is to gather information and ideas on the wiki page, Keith has
started (http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/88). Afterwards we'll maybe
create a more designed version for the webpage.

Other ideas?

Adrian
Adrian Lienhard
www.adrian-lienhard.ch