[Seaside] Getting started

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Mon Mar 3 21:44:51 CET 2003

Hello!

As a disclaimer... I'm new to smalltalk, new to squeak but do have tons
of web programming experience on multiple platforms... I do understand
that I can throw all the out and use seaside/Komache :)

... which is what I want to do. I would like to start out simple and
port a mostly-static-except-for-menus web site into seaside so I can
get an idea of how to work in this framework. I have read what I found
and know that I should inherit from WAComponent (IAComponent?), but am
at a loss as to how I would get my classes to show up from a Url, as
well as how the model is practically programmed.

Conceptually, I *think* that I will have a class/template combination
for rendering, and it will use a more callback type approach rather
than traditional cgi/asp/cold fusion/zope/ etc.....

Please disabuse me of any wrong headed notions!

thanks for such and interesting and innovative system!

Brian