[Seaside] CVS code

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Mar 28 15:05:28 CET 2003

On Friday 28 March 2003 02:51 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Brian Brown wrote:
> > I put this at the top of HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation (probably not
> > where it should go, but bear with me :)
>
> Hm, so since you're toggling, it'll be on for one out of two requests.
> Whatever. :)  I was actually assuming you would just DoIt in a workspace.

Duh. I was thinking that since I didn't have a variable pointing to the
Comanche instance that I wouldn't be able to affect the running instance, so
I didn't even think of using the Workspace. I am learning though. Really.

> > and attached of .gif file of the exception
>
> Ah, thank you.  I've just committed a fix.  It was a problem with the
> initialization code, which means both that I hadn't noticed it (haven't
> rebuilt my image recently enough), and that you'll unfortunately want to
> use a fresh image once you've updated.

No problem, I was starting with a fresh image for this anyway.

> For future reference, Squeak dumps a SqueakDebug.log file which is more
> useful as an attachment than a screenshot. :)

Haha, ok, gotcha.

> > I'm not sure what to modify it to.. comment out the:
> > [self pvtDestroy.
> > self pvtHandleError: ex]
>
> Yeah, something like that.  But if changing the pref worked, then don't
> bother.

I just (obviously) don't have much of a handle on this code yet :)