[Seaside] HTTP Server Structure

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon Nov 17 19:53:47 CET 2003

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

>> In fact, in hindsight, I doubt I would have bothered with all of the
>> above.  I'd have probably just let my site serve Seaside, and let my
>> Earthlink site serve all of the static stuff.  The static stuff
>> (i.e., pictures) are the most bandwidth intensive-- let it chew up
>> Earthlink's bandwidth rather than mine. :-)  Of course, I pay an
>> extra $19.95 a month for that privilege, but it's worth it.
>

> Google found a previous posting of you where you explained your
> approach - minus the last paragraph. Why did you do it that way ? To
> get both seaside and static http on the same port ? For speed reasons ?

You mean, why do I let Earthlink host my pictures?

Bandwidth.  Pure and simple.  I only have a 300k uplink speed coming
from my site.  But, minus the pictures, 300k is quite good.

Or, did you mean, why did I ever set Comanche up to integrate static
content with Seaside?

Well, because I didn't always have Earthlink hosting my pictures.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby