[Seaside] Gardner, SmallWiki, Swiki, or?

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 19 08:24:05 CET 2003

> the newer parser is pretty trivial work).  It'll probably be easy to
> migrate a wiki back and forth between Gardner and SmallWiki since I
> think they use the same DOM in addition to the parser.

Exactly, SmallWiki is providing basically the same protocol for HTML
generation. However there are two things:

- Expressions like "html attributes align: #middle" are not supported
yet. You still have to do it the old-fashioned way "html attributeAt:
#align put: #middle". If someone wants that, it could be changed
easily.

- The callback-mechanism of SmallWiki is somehow different, as there is
no state in the components: therefor I have to pass into the
block/message some more information than just the current value.
Basically you register your callback either using a symbol or a block:

	#messageWithAction:withValue:withMime:
                       (1)       (2)      (3)

		or

	[ :action :value :mime | self foo ...
         (1)     (2)    (3)    (4)

(1) points to the action where the callback is evaluated
(2) points to the value of the (input-)callback (this is what you get
from Seaside)
(3) points to the mime-code of the (input-)callback
(4) points to the action where the callback had been defined

If your SmallWiki block/message does not take all the arguments, they
are simply not given when evaluating.

Cheers,
Lukas

--