[Seaside] Gardner, SmallWiki, Swiki, or?

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Wed Nov 19 14:18:23 CET 2003

Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Cees de Groot wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 08:12, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>>

>>>Gardner seems cool, but as I mentioned, I don't particular see the need
>>>to have my Wiki be part of Seaside.  Or just maybe I'm missing the big
>>>picture here, and not seeing some advantage that exists by integrating
>>>it with Seaside.
>>>

>>The idea is that you can have other Seaside components on the same page,
>>etcetera. And of course that you can embrace-and-extend it in the
>>environment you're most used to.
>>

>>>Plus Gardner requires SmallWiki?  And SmallWiki requires Comanche 6.x?
>>> And I'm running Comanche 5.x.
>>>

>>No. Gardner requires bits of SmallWiki, which you can fetch from my MC
>>repository (basically Gardner reuses the parser and syntax tree stuff
>>from SmallWiki, but nothing else).
>>

> Where is your MC repository, and how do I "fetch" from it?
>
> Also, I can't convince Gardner on Squeakmap to load without it also
> Comanche 6 both in the image simultaneously.
>
> Nevin

Comanche 5 and Comanche 6 cannot be used in the same image
simultaneously (at least not until someone invents a way of loading
multiple versions of the same classes into the same image).  You'll have
to upgrade your other stuff to Comanche 6.2 or run in a separate image.
Upgrading to comanche 6.2 from 5.x is pretty trivial for most applications.

- Stephen