[Seaside] Authenticaing Multiple Users

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Nov 20 20:28:03 CET 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 11:05 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> In an attempt to authenticate multiple users for a Seaside app, I made
> a subclass of WAAuthenticatedSession and overwrote the method
> #authenticateUser:password: returning true or false based on our own
> test.
>
> This didn't work at all, not when choosing that session class in
> /seaside/config, and not when using
> WAController>>registerAsApplication:sessionClass:
>
> In both cases the effect was quite bizar: Seaside kept sending
> redirects until Safari gave up.
>
> What am I doing wrong, or is there a better approach ?

Hi Sven,

I managed to replicate this by throwing an error in the
#authenticateUser:password: method.  I imagine that if you put a "self
halt" there you will find that there's some exception being thrown in
yours as well.

My guess is that what's happening is that it keeps trying to display
the error page, but requiring authentication for that too, resulting in
an infinite recursion.  Obviously this is a bug - I think it will get
fixed naturally as a result of some of the work I've been doing towards
the next release.

Avi