[Seaside] Seaside Internals

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Sep 7 12:41:21 CEST 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Sure! I discovered this problem when using a critical-section inside
> the code of a seaside callback with mutuallyExcludedBlock performing a
> very long lasting operation. As most of the users are impatient and
> click several times on the button/link I experienced cases where the
> application was completely blocked when other requests wanted to enter
> the section, as the critical-section has been never left (e.g. the
> ensure: has been never evaluated).

Hm.  But this doesn't involve continuations at all, so far as I can see -
you're not invoking one from within that critical section, so what happens
in Continuation>>terminate: can't affect it.

I wonder if terminating the process in WAProcessMonitor>>critical: doesn't
unwind the stack properly?  I'll play with that.