[Seaside] (no subject)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 2 21:03:33 CEST 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 8:42 AM, The AlterSelf wrote:

> [This is a repost. I tried to send this email through my work
> address... however it does not appear to have gone through to the
> list. So I am sending this from my hotmail account. If this email ends
> up duplicated, please forgive me]
>
> hey there...
>
> Either I dont understand quite how things work... or I am leaking
> memory somehow... Im not sure.
<snip>
> Now, when I click back and forth between the links... it does not
> appear that anythings being garbage collected or something. The little
> counter (whatever thats for) at the bottom of the screen keeps going
> up... seaside reports more and more memory used by the app... and
> there are several instances of each class just sitting there in
> memory.

Seaside caches the most recently used page states for the most recent
session so that the user can backtrack.  This means that memory will
grow as you use the application, but not indefinitely.  By default,
you'll get about 10 pages worth of cached state.  If you're seeing
significantly more than that (it keeps growing for 50 clicks or
something), something's wrong.  After you've played with it for a
while, what does the "Memory Profile" link on the toolbar tell you?

Avi