[Seaside] does ROE work with MySQL

Travis Griggs tgriggs at key.net
Mon Apr 5 20:04:36 CEST 2004

Nils Kassube wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:02:20AM -0700, ld wrote:
>
>  > I plan on using seaside with  MySQL.  Is ROE the tool to use to talk to
>  > it? ( I am using MySQL because I need a relational database that will
>  > run on Linux, MAC, and Windows.  )
>
> PostgreSQL works fine on Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows platforms.
> There's simply no good reason anymore to use MySQL. PostgreSQL rocks!

Nils,

Without starting a flamefest here or anything... why do you say this? I
am asking from ignorance. I don't do much databases myself, but we used
to have a guy here, who had an obvious preference for PostgreSQL. But
when I was talking to another Linux neophyte the other day, he didn't
know either, but he got the impression that he read and saw more of
MySQL. Which left us both asking each other, "so if we had to set
something up ourselves, which would we choose" for which both of us had
to admit ignorance.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential to and/or copyrighted by Key Technology.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email.  Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  Any views expressed in the email are those of the individual sender unless the sender expressly states them to be the views of Key Technology.  No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses.  Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.