[Seaside] large files / 2 - WAFile

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Apr 7 01:51:00 CEST 2004

On Apr 1, 2004, at 8:28 PM, Michal wrote:

>>> Comments? Does that sound like a reasonable modification to
>>> Seaside's (large) file handling?
>
>> Yes, absolutely.  It would be nice if it fell back to reading into
>> memory if no suitable temp dir could be found or had been
>> configured.
>
> Attached. It survived an afternoon of light testing on my server ;)

I finally got around to looking at this code, and it's not quite what I
expected - it looks like it still reads the entire file into memory
from the socket, but then immediately dumps it to disk if it's too
large.  This is still going to be problematic if multiple people are
uploading large files at once, isn't it?  Wouldn't it be better to
stream directly off the socket onto disk?