[Seaside] new version of ROE

Brett Taylor brett.taylor at healthauditors.com
Wed Apr 7 20:59:15 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 19:28, Avi Bryant wrote:
> Based on the feedback from Danil and Brett, I've just put a new,
> port-friendly version of ROE on SqueakMap.  This is mostly a tweaked
> version of what Danil posted, and includes:
>
> - getting rid of the string/symbol messiness in the unit tests
> - getting rid of {} and caseOf:
> - a new SQLRelation abstract class that PostgresRelation subclasses
> - #exec:/#query: distinction
> - an #sqlPrinterClass hook that lets SQLRelation subclasses use a
> custom printer
Good
> - all attribute names are searched for case-insensitively (looks like
> oracle needs this)
Different databases  support case sensitivity differently.  Sql Server
allows you to configure the database as case insensitive or case
sensitive for identifiers upon creation of the database.  If the
database is configured as case sensitive - then the column "ColOne" and
"colone" are considered different columns.  I think we'll need to
address this as we add support for different database platforms.  Note -
an ODBC Relation could be accessing many different types of databases
which each have handle the case differently.

> I haven't yet adapted any of the support for other databases (Oracle
> from the VW port, ODBC from Dolphin).  If you guys want to send me
> fileouts of SQLRelation subclasses and supporting SQLPrinters that work
> with the new version, I'll be happy to include them in the next
> release.

I'll be working on this in the next 2 days.