[Seaside] Debug option still present in deployment mode?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 9 08:17:18 CEST 2004

On Apr 7, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2004, at 11:53 AM, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
>
>> In Seaside 2.5-avi.77, setting deployment mode to true doesn't seem to
>> prevent the "Debug" button from appearing when an error occurs. Is it
>> the expected behaviour?
>
> Not really.  It's not what should happen in the long run, but I'm
> aware that it happens now; the error handling isn't complete yet.

So, it isn't much, but I just posted v78 which has a
WASimpleErrorHandler -  this returns a status 500 internal error page
instead of the walkback + debug link.    Just change the Error Handler
option in the config page.  You may want to customize
WAInternalErrorResponse to give some extra info or messages appropriate
to your application.

I'm a little surprised that you're deploying something using a 2.5
version, since I haven't posted anything like a release yet; has it
been fairly stable for you?  Any comments?  I'll be away/offline for
the next few days, but should be able to start hacking on it again next
week.  It shouldn't be *too* long before it converges on something I'm
happy to officially put out there.

Avi