[Seaside] swapping root components

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Apr 19 23:37:02 CEST 2004

On Apr 19, 2004, at 2:28 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> Currently I'm playing with iframes and it is convenient to store the
> session's root component in a state holder instead of the instvar. This
> way all the iframes work within the same session and have own root
> components - set on the fly. This is useful to create print previews
> etc
> too.
>
> The changes to seaside (2.3) were minimal and so far it's working ok,
> any
> bad surprises that could wait for me?

Only that it'll get simpler, I think.  In 2.5, you can easily create
any number of separate RenderLoop instances, each of which have their
own root.  For example, I start a completely new render loop during
error handling, to keep it isolated from the rest of the application.
Print preview is a similar case.

Avi