[Seaside] Appearance of tools in 2.5a

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Apr 21 16:04:46 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2004, at 9:07 AM, C. David Shaffer wrote:
>
>> In mozilla 1.5 under linux the close button on the tools (like the
>> Profiler) seems to look a bit "off" vertically.  The l in the word
>> "close" extends upwards into the grey title region but the rest of
>> the word is not in the grey title region at all.  In 2.3 I think the
>> entire close link was in the title secion, wasn't it?  Any
>> suggestions on how I could get it back there?  This is, of course, a
>> mission critical issue ;-)
>

> Hm, it looks ok in Safari.  Sigh.
>
> Feel free to tweak WAWindowDecoration>>style to get it to look right...

Well, after reading through the CSS spec I'm pretty sure that it is a
mozilla bug.  I don't know how to correct the CSS so that mozilla will
display it properly.  I tried various things.  In the end, I found that
displaying the float _first_ (in the HTML, that is) makes it work more
reliably.  So, I switched the two spanClass:with: lines in
WAWindowDecoration>>renderContentOn: and it looks fine.  The right
floats in the halos have the same problem and were easily "fixed".  I
have attached a change set in case you're interested.  Both mozilla 1.5
and 1.6 (the current stable release) have this problem...1.7 is in beta
but I'll test it when its released.

David