[Seaside] Newbie: GOODS with Seaside

Ruben Bakker ruben_bakker at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 11:43:53 CEST 2004

I've played with the examples and have created my first very simple seaside application. I've added GOODS to make my domain model persistent.

I'm unsure if I'm on the right track:
I have extended WAControllerSession to hold the KKDatabase instance. I'd like to logout the KKDatabase when the WAControllerSession expires. How do I get notified when the session expires? I tried pageExpired and expire, but they didn't get called. Or should I manage the KKDatabase instantiation and logout for each request? Does there exist a pooling functionality so the overhead creating/destroying KKDatabases could be minimized?

How do you handle external resources like Database connections and sessions in seaside (GOODS, GLORP etc)?

Thankx for your help.
Ruben