[Seaside] Newbie: GOODS with Seaside

Ruben Bakker ruben_bakker at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 22:19:18 CEST 2004

On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 08:21PM, Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

>GOODS doesn't have a connection pool, and you would have to be very
>careful when writing one to get the semantics right, since connections
>are extremely stateful things in GOODS.

Isn't this a very common problem with database systems? The connection/session
has some maybe still open transaction with uncommited data etc.
Would it be different say with GLORP? Or has GOODS client data that mustn't be reused?

>Much better would be to hack
>both client and server to allow multiple "connections" to be
>multiplexed over one actual TCP socket connection, but this requires
>diving into the goodsrv.cxx source, which may not appeal to everyone.

That would really better than any DBMS I've seen so far... But c++ is not really the language
I'm looking for :).