[Seaside] seaside hosting

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Tue Apr 27 01:37:11 CEST 2004

I think that having a smalltalk image per user would be inevitable. And
once you have that, you'd want ssh access to the machine (and tunnel VNC)
etc etc too... totally doable but I doubt someone will offer this as a
free service for anonymous users.

As for RAM, my production images easily eat 40-50MB of memory and RAM
still doesn't come in the quantities like disk space. I just hope we will
see machines with Flash Ram or similar technology - persistence problem
solved with no effort! It's really absurd how much time I (we) waste to
work around stupid chips that lose their content without power supply.

radoslav
--
pgp.mit.edu  0x30DEBAE6  12EE FED5 D5B1 77ED 5637 EB77 2A5F 22F9 30DE BAE6