[Seaside] Performance!

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Aug 31 19:36:44 CEST 2004

On Aug 31, 2004, at 7:27 PM, Jon Paynter wrote:

> But I found when working with friends to test remotely their response
> times were very slow.  No timeout errors from IE, but typical
> click-response cycle was 3-10 seconds.

3 to 10 *seconds*?  I've never seen anything like that.  Seaside does
sometimes feel sluggish when there's high latency, because by default
it redirects after every request, which doubles the round trips.  But
it should certainly still be sub-second unless your responses are huge
or you're doing some heavy computation.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried any other browsers, or just IE?

Avi