[Seaside] Re: popup window

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Feb 18 20:22:22 CET 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 8:13 AM, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> For a javascript example of such things, you can also look at
>    http://www.lightstreamer.com/
> If you watch the example, it is done using an hidden frame with a
> javascript psudhed by the server.
> It works fine, but can generate a heavy load on a server :))

It doesn't seem to work with Safari, unfortunately, but that could
probably be fixed.

To best support this, we should probably add support for the
"Transfer-encoding: chunked" header to Comanche.  I did some
experiments using Göran's SharedStreams package to support this (so
that one the Seaside process can be writing to a buffer while the
Comanche process is reading from it and chunking it out the socket).
It's definitely doable, but will take some hacking of Comanche's
internals.