[Seaside] expiring pages

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Jul 22 17:36:53 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> as far as I remember Seaside 2.3 did #isolate: on the session level. In
> one of our older web-applications I found the following code, that does
> exactly what you requested:
[snip code]

Thanks, it works.

I have another problem now, and that is how to detect if the control flow
"escaped" from #isolate: block (or something similar). For users'
convenience, I've split some larger forms to several separate smaller
forms. However now it happens that when they use the back button before
completing the whole series of edit pages the object stays partially
changed. Example

ViewerComponent
 item1
 item2

click on item1 => session isolate: [self call: (EditComponent on: item1)]

EditComponent on item1
 edit form 1 => edit form 2 => ... => final form with save/cancel

now, user gets to form 2, the properties from form 1 are already changed
in item1. user uses back button to get to Viewer page and starts to edit
item2. I'm stuck with half-changed item1.

Is there a way to do something so that the old isolate block gets
completed/cancelled/whatever and I can rollback a transaction there?

rado