[Seaside] GOODS question

Ben Schroeder bschroeder at procro.com
Tue May 11 19:10:23 CEST 2004

Hi Jason,

> Thanks for the quick reply, Ben!

You're welcome!

> While I'm at it, does anyone have a suggestion of how to run GOODS
> "headless"?  goodsrv seems to want to have a console attached.  I
> couldn't discern a way to do this from the (somewhat quirky)
> GOODS docs.

John Pierce has written a program to launch and control a GOODS server from Squeak.  It looks like you're running on Linux - John's program is for Windows, but it probably would not be hard to port.

(If you're interested in porting it, and have questions, I could put you in touch with him - we work together.  I'm not sure if he follows this list or wants his email address broadcast here, or I'd just list the address ... :)

The program is on SqueakSource, at

	http://kilana.wiresong.ca/GoodsServer/

I don't think it's made it to SqueakMap yet.

Regards,
Ben Schroeder